Me.

Monday 12 April 2010


I'm tired of being someone else for someone else.

I have been the dirt-bike girl,
I have been the K-State football fanatic,
I have been the health freak,
I have been the honors student,
I have been put-together, always dressed up.
I have been casual, shorts and a pony-tail.
I have been non-demanding, un-controlling, spontaneous.
I have been sports-y, philosophical and even flirty.


But those aren't the real me::

I get scared going down hills on a bicycle, let alone a dirt-bike. I'm a little break-happy.
I love watching the running back catch the ball and run down the field fast, but I still don't understand what a first down is.
I love ice cream, sweethearts, starburst, twizzlers...I have candy in my room at all times. I couldn't live without the occasional frappacino.
I get good grades, but it doesn't come naturally. I have to study for hours to pass tests. I took the ACT 3 times and went through various ACT Prep classes.
I hate wearing sweatpants in public, I love to dress up. I don't like pony-tails, and I'm insecure about my profile.
I'm a planner. I hate not knowing what's going to happen. I hate waiting on people to make decisions. If I decide a time to do something, I'll be on time, not 15 minutes late.
I love sports, but I'm average at everything. I despise arguing and debating.

My favorite thing to do is to spend time with the people I care about. My love language is quality time. I love sitting and talking and learning about people's hearts.
I can be alone and be just fine. I internally process EVERYTHING, and I'm always thinking about something.
I love being outside. Hiking and camping are great, but only if there's a tent, bug repellent and hand sanitizer.
I'm a journal-er, and I think deeply about everything around me. Shallow people annoy me.
I'm from the city--I do city-girl things like go to book stores and shopping malls and coffee shops.

I love writing, but I'm afraid of anyone ever reading my work.
I want to be a speaker, but I get nervous in front of people.
I have big dreams, but I'm afraid to say them out loud.

I don't have it all together. Sometimes I sit in my room and cry for no reason. Sometimes I wish I was someone else--someone who has life figured out. I've made mistakes, I'm not perfect.

I'm not funny. I don't do well when I meet strangers. I close up in big groups. When it gets loud I get quiet.

I know, big suprise. I'm not who you thought I am.
But someday someone will get to know the me I keep hidden, and won't wish I was any different.
Right?

3 comments:

  1. right. just so you know, i will always be keeping an eye out for your books to get published and hit the shelf... and im excited that someday youre gonna get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most beautiful postings I have ever read. And the answer is Right!

    ReplyDelete