Run.

Tuesday 13 April 2010


Running is my self-renewing compulsion.

I'll be honest and say that the last few days haven't been too peachy. I'll say that I cried for a good hour last night, but couldn't express what I have been feeling. I'll admit that I haven't opened my journal in days because I'm afraid of what the pages will say when I'm done. I haven't talked to God in a while because I'm a little too hurt, a little too angry, a little too confused.

But running always changes things.
When I run, I can talk to God. I can thank him for the beautiful open fields, the blue endless sky, for the blood that I can feel pumping through my body, for the clarity that comes at then end when I realize that I finally accomplished something. I feel strong and capable of anything when I run.

I noticed that when I'm stressed or going through something, my mileage goes up.
I ran 5 miles today, the longest I've gone in a long time. And I realized that running has some truths embedded in it that are part of the grand scheme of life.

These guys say it well::

"The real purpose of running isn't to win a race, its to test the limits of the human heart."-Bill Bowerman

"Good things come slowly-especially in distance running."

So the next time your heart is hurting, try lacing up your running shoes...but just remember, good things come slowly.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!