Jaded.

Friday 23 April 2010



Right now, I'm trying desperately not to become jaded.

Although I don't believe in glass slippers or true love's kiss...
I do believe that there's someone out there who won't think that my morals are absurd, someone who wants more than a good time, someone who has maturity that actually matches their age. Someone like this:

"He was one of those rare men who lived what he believed, not once in a while, but every hour of every day. Even when the going wasn't easy. As gentle of a man as he was, as tender as was his heart, there was nothing weak about Michael Hosea. He was the strongest minded man Joseph had ever met. A man like Noah, a man like the shepherd-king David. A man after God's own heart."
That's a description of a character in a book that I read. {Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers}

I believe there is still a handful left of Michael Hosea's out there. My best friend is dating one. My aunt is living a happily-ever-after with hers right now. Men who are strong in who they are, in who their God is, in what they want. Men unafraid of love, willing to romance.

So...resist the temptation to settle. I am.

Here I am.
And I stand so tall.
Just the way I'm supposed to be.
-Sara Bareilles

3 comments:

  1. There is a Michael Hosea"s waiting on you! Trust and wait on the Lord.
    His timeing is always right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Danielle. I appreciate your post. Also, I agree with the post above me. God's timing is not always our timing. Which is hard, especially at a school like JBU.

    But be encouraged in knowing who REALLY holds your heart (:

    -sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I just finished reading that book again about 5 minutes ago.

    I'm proud of you for waiting for your Michael- God has someone in store for you who is absolutely incredible, just as you are :)

    I love you, and thank you for sharing your heart! Continue to trust in Him- you are such an encouragement!

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete