Favorite Fourth

Monday 4 July 2011



I was recently asked what my favorite 4th of July memory was...
It might have been the time my mom, best friend, and I
took a road trip to Oklahoma to "spy" on a National American Miss Pageant
and then watched fireworks out the van skylight that night.

Or maybe it was the year I spent the 4th of July in Chicago,
marching in the International Lions Band with my marching french horn,
and then watching fireworks on the riverfront that night.

This year I'm spending the 4th in St. Louis with one of my best friends,
and since rain ruined our plans for watching fireworks under the arch,
our plan B was sitting, talking, and sharing music on a mattress in her room.

And it has been one of my favorite fourths.
I'm realizing that time is precious,
I'm about to enter my last year of college,
Many of my friends are getting engaged,
and everything is about to change...


So I'm not wishing it away.



What's your favorite fourth?

2 comments:

  1. aww, sweet memories! i am happy you are embracing life and living it fully!

    i remember lots of time with cousins in nebraska...catching fireflies in grandma & grandpa's backyard, chasing rabbits away from the garden, bomb pops and sweet corn, doing cartwheels on the lawn with fireworks overhead... <3

    happy (late) independence day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. I'm assuming you're with Angela. and I hope that you're learning and growing to all that God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete