Honest.

Sunday 29 August 2010


"In confession. . . we open our live to healing, reconciling, restoring, uplifting grace of him who loves us in spite of what we are." --Louis Cassels

Sometimes I fool myself into thinking I'm so much better than I really am.
And sometimes reality smacks hard.

And I teeter between losing myself to insecurity and or forgetting myself in pride.

As Beth Moore says, "Just because pride fills a heart doesn't keep it from breaking. It just keeps it from healing."
And how my heart aches for healing.

I realized that the only One who can know who I really am and continue to love me without even a second thought---is God.

I love this::
"Lord, you have examined my heart
and you know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home
You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head."
Psalm 139


He knows the real, honest, transparent, most vulnerable me.
And He still loves me.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!