Fear Not

Tuesday 2 August 2011


I've been afraid lately.

Afraid of leaving a past community,
of building and becoming part of a new community.

Afraid of living at home again,
of becoming comfortable,
of being my own accountability.

I've been afraid that God won't come through when it's just me.
I am so weak.

Today God gave me this verse:

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose trust is in the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out is roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17: 7-8

That verse reminds me to trust,
to fear not,
to not be anxious,
and to keep bearing fruit.

His love is strong.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to learn lessons are sometimes the most beautiful.

    Keep on seeking, Danielle. He's refining you and it's a blessing to read about.

    ReplyDelete