New Heights

Thursday 25 August 2011



I've been thinking a lot about mountains lately.

A few weeks ago my family climbed Quandary Peak--
one of the easier 14ers in Colorado.
It was more fun than difficult, and of course the view was beautiful.

But I was sitting at the top, waiting for my parents to catch up,
when I realized I hadn't depended on God at all for strength or perseverance.
I hadn't even thought about Him all morning.
And here I was surrounded by His beauty...


I don't want to be one of those people who takes small bites,
just as much as they can handle, no more.
I want to take huge steps of faith,
even if I don't know where I'm going.

The kind where the only way I can stand
is if He's giving me the strength.
The kind that depends on His love
just to take another step.

Because with His power, I can do a whole lot more.
"What I really need is the deep ocean of God's love and the high mountains of His truth within me. His wisdom has depths and heights that neither the ocean nor the mountain can contain and that can not be compared with jewels, gold, or precious stones. Christ is wisdom and He is our deepest need."--Margaret Bottome

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!