Work Shop.

Monday 13 September 2010


I'm in a "Creative Nonfiction Workshop" this semester. Notice the word "workshop?" I'll give you a hint, we're not talking build a bear here (which, by the way, I've always secretly wanted to do)...Yeah, well I didn't realize what a workshop was until the first day of class. And now I'm scared to death. Basically, I have to write creative nonfiction (meaning it's true) and send it to all my classmates so they can read about my (true) life and tear it apart on the faces of all their computers. Then they bring it to class and tell me exactly what they think about my work and my life to my face. I'm terrified.

Not only do I not like letting people read my work, but I usually keep memories to myself and don't share. I'm going to to try to start out with something easy and cliche---like the death of my dog. Or something.


2 comments:

  1. or bible study :)

    Lol. Danielle. you have a beautiful heart. everything you write reflects truth and the beauty of Christ. even when you write through your struggles.

    this may be hard to open yourself up. but i know that no matter how much they rip your writing apart, you have a story to tell and your words will sit with them long after they are done reading.

    so write something real. not cliche. be the one to step out and be real before everyone else. show them what you got. i know you have so many stories welling up inside you, memories that if you let them, can change lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    Thanks for being real, friend.
    I read this last night and it gave me courage.
    I just love you. :)

    ReplyDelete