At the moment.

Sunday 9 October 2011


I am...

...grappling with the idea of grace (still).

...taking steps towards balance.

...loving having a kitchen to play in.

...a little done with baking pumpkin things and ready for peppermint Christmas things. (Guess that's what I get for starting on pumpkin in September).

...desperate for my ankle to heal so I can start running again.

...struggling with guilt from the pressure I put on myself. It's like I have some type of mental standard that I can never quite reach. I feel it after every conversation spoken, every accomplishment finished, every devotion and quiet time done. I worry that I'm letting people down, that I don't do enough, that I do too much. It's called perfectionism and it's a daily struggle.

...trying to see myself the way He sees me. (Maybe this will help the above ridiculousness).

...looking at grad schools and jobs in KC and dreaming about what God has in store.

...thankful for dependable and reciprocating friends.

...still slightly giddy over a new relationship with a boy who challenges me to find joy in each day.

...praying this: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope"...for me, for you.
(Romans 15:13).

3 comments:

  1. you. are. lovely.

    can we get together soon to discuss this idea of grace? cause I'm grappling with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post! & the verse from romans! keep me updated on your school and job search...i will pray for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is my favorite verse.

    and i'm with you on the peppermint christmas things :)

    ReplyDelete