Sick of fear.

Thursday 17 June 2010

Last night I was reading some Beth Moore, which is always more like having a conversation with Beth Moore than reading the same generic words thousands of other people are reading...and she asked me a question that I haven't been able to get over.

"What are you afraid of?"

I'm an internal thinker and I know myself really well...so I immediately replied with "Failure"

I'm afraid of never reaching my full potential at anything.
I'm afraid of ignoring the very thing I was put on earth to accomplish.
I'm afraid of messing up God's plan for my life.
That's what I'm most afraid of.

As a people pleaser, I think I sometimes try to please God.
If I do everything right, maybe He'll love me more.
This is terrible thinking. But I have fallen into it nonetheless.

Last night as I was reading, I came across this passage and began to cry tears of understanding.

"God the maker of heaven and earth, will...
perfect everything that concerns you (Ps 138:8)
work all things together for your good (Romans 8:28)
contend with those who contend with you (Isaiah 49:25)
fight this battle for you (2 Chronicles 20:15)
equip you with divine power (2 Cor. 10:4)
delight to show you mercy (Micah 7:18)
meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phillippians 4:19)
give you grace that is perfectly sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9)
be your power in weakness (2 Cor 12:9)
do immeasurably more than all you could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within you (Ephesians 3:20)"
-p. 322 "So Long, Insecurity"

I have never felt more loved than right then as I read these promises.
I'm learning to trust Him more.
I'm sick of fear.


"Fear consumes massive amounts of energy and focus and can chew a hole through our intestines, our relationship, and countless opportunities"--Beth Moore.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!