A Hobby of Mine.

Wednesday 2 June 2010



I love to read.

Give me a book, some juice (I'm trying to lay off the coffee), and a head lamp (really great for camping&reading I found out), and I'll be content for hours.

Or I like this combination, too. A book, a swimsuit, water, and a towel. That's a good one.
Or...A book, a blanket, bug spray, and the Heritage lake. Probably my favorite.

So far, this is my summer reading list. Some are purely for fun, others out of duty, and others because I have to for the Gateway class I'm mentoring. Ready? It's lengthy.
1. House Rules, by Jodi Picoult. I already finished it, and absolutely LOVED it.
2. Keeping Faith, by Jodi Picoult. Again, finished. I read this little guy in 2 1/2 days.
3. So Long, Insecurity, by Beth Moore. I'm halfway through this one, it actually pertains to reality.
4. Once a Runner, by John L. Parker Jr. I bought this one from Borders, which is a big deal. I couldn't resist the words from a writer at Runner's World. He said, "The best piece of running fiction around. Beg, borrow, or buy a copy, and you'll never need another motivator." I was sold.
5. Emma, by Jane Austen. It's a classic, enough said.
6. Grimm's Fairy Tales.
7. Cry, The Beloved Country, by Alan Paton. For class.
8. College Matters to God, by Rick Ostrander. Same as above.
9. The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett. Class.
10. The Mirror Crack'd, Agatha Cristie. Again.
11. The Bar on the Seine, Georges Simenon. And again.

Well, that's the list for now.
If any of you readers know of a book that you loved, and think is list-worthy...tell me!

1 comment:

  1. i will always always always recommend Sarah Dessen. she is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete