Reflection.

Saturday 14 May 2011


"What songs would be on a mix tape that describes you?"
"This is true of anyone:
the music we choose is a clear reflection of who we really are"


Have you ever borrowed someone's iPOD and scrolled through their favorites?

(I did this once to a guy I liked back in High School.
He had "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison among his favorites,
and it made me like him even more).

Or, have you ever looked through someone's shared music on Itunes?

Or gotten in the passengers seat of someone's car
and been blasted with the last song they were listening to?

It's true, you can learn a lot about someone from the music they listen to.


I cringe whenever someone asks me,
"What kind of music do you like?"
I always respond with, "Anything but rap"

I'm not a huge music person.


So, I decided to make a proverbial mix tape.
We'll see what it tells you about me...


In no particular order:
1) I'll Be Seeing You--Billie Holiday
2) The Only Exception--Paramore
3) Firework--The Glee Version
4) Moonlight Sonata--Beethoven
5) A Drop in the Ocean--Ron Pope
6) The Luckiest--Ben Folds
7) Someday You Will Be Loved--Death Cab for Cutie
8) Winter Winds--Mumford&Sons
9) So Good To Me--Cory Ashbury

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!