Speak.

Tuesday 3 May 2011




This semester I've started playing piano again.
It was an act of faith, really.

I felt like my joy for the music had been stolen,
I had let someone become part of that joy,
and they had marred it forever, so I thought.

Once, I did the same thing with running.

After a lot of healing,
I was able to remember that I love the piano
I love the ivory
and the classical
and the crescendos
and the formality.

And maybe someday I'll share it with someone else.

Where words fail, music speaks.
-Hans Christian Andersen

2 comments:

  1. <3

    happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I used to play the piano when I was 10 - I took lessons for about a year but then stopped and I really regret it.

    Gorgeous pics!

    Later today I will email you the mini meringue recipe, it will be coming from a spotty_zebra email address, so if you don't get it today, check your junk mail.

    ReplyDelete