Finding Him

Wednesday 27 June 2012


It used to be so easy. 
He was in my space everyday.

I would bump into Him in every friendly conversation,
every classroom experience,
every work meeting.

My job, my life, my schoolwork
it all revolved around Him.

Nowadays, 
it's just harder.

I went from directing women's Bible studies
to handing hot drinks out of a drive-thru window.

I went from eating, sleeping, and breathing with Godly roommates
in a small yellow apartment
to having to call, plan, and meet best friends in coffee shops
while living in my childhood bedroom, alone.

I went from having a mentor,
& being a mentor
to just attending church, 
trying to connect in the busy-ness that is city life.

I went from knowing every face and personal story in my classroom
to a brand new group of classmates,
whose names I still don't know.

It's hard, 
change.

And I have been trying to find Him here,
at Starbucks,
with my family,
with high school best friends.

I know He's here.
His presence is all around me.
Constantly loving & saving.
Never leaving.

If only I could learn to rest in knowing I'm in His will,
and remember that it is in the valleys that our character is molded the most.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!