Honestly.

Saturday 23 June 2012



Faith. Trust. Hope. 
The things I keep asking the Lord to foster in me. 

But if I'm honest, 
the thing that I keep resenting
and being bitter about 
is my singleness.

There is this lie that I can't keep away,
telling me that 
God must love him or her more,
because they are settling into a "dream life" 
with their "perfect match"

While I settle into a known life
here at home.

I miss adventure,
being known,
feeling human acceptance.

I know that I should love this time of singleness,
that I won't ever get it back.

I can make a list of all the things
I couldn't do right now if I were in that place
(Like a counselor made me do once)

But I still can't help hating it. 

It's one day at a time, 
growing to believe in God's good purposes for me.
to fall in love with the Lover of my soul.
to memorize Truth as a replacement to these lies.


Paul's prayer is my prayer:

 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more & more, with knowledge & all discernment, so that you may prove what is excellent, and so be pure & blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory & praise of God."(Philippians 1:9-11)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!