Crazy Love.

Monday 30 July 2012



It's been repetitive,
this conversation about love & marriage.

"Don't girls just date boys so they can be married?"

I'm going take a risk & say,
at least from my heart,
and the hearts of girls I've been talking to,
no way.

No. 
I don't date to be married.
The emphasis is on so many other places.

I want more than marriage.

Sure.
There are girls out there who are preoccupied
a pretty dress,
having a family
finding Security
that they marry someone they have learned to love.

Yes.
I've had my chance.
I've dated guys who wanted marriage.

But what I really want, 
more than marriage,
is love, lasting love.
Great love.

The kind others can't make sense of.
The kind that connects me to someone else 
in a way I've never experience before.
The kind that doesn't exist without selflessness.
The kind that endures life's tendency to grow cold.
The kind that is only upstaged by Divine love.

Maybe.
This sounds crazy.
I sound like a romantic.
I need a dose of reality.
I've read to many love stories.

But I want to believe in a fit.
I want to be someone's other half.

The reality is there are heights and depths. 
Good times and bad times.

No.
I'm not waiting on the ideal Prince Charming.
I'm waiting on real life love.
I'm not married because I haven't found great love.
 ...because my heart won't let me give up on it.

(If you need some help believing
in human love & Divine Love again,
read this book)




To be in love, as to see beauty, is a kind of adoring that turns the lover away from self. Just seeing Davy asleep, defenceless and trusting and innocent, could tear my heart, then in that first spring or a dozen years later. When we first fell in love in dead of winter, we said, ‘If we aren’t more in love in lilactime, we shall be finished.’ But we were more in love: for love must grow or die. Every year on our anniversary we said, ‘If we’re not more deeply in love next year, we shall have failed.'

3 comments:

  1. Great love isn't something you find, it's something you build. People don't divorce or fall out of love because they chose the wrong person. They fall out of love, because "great love" takes time and hard work.

    You should always strive to find someone that you can build with, just like you would with a proper foundation. But don't think just because you have a strong foundation that it's automatically going to translate into a beautiful house. That's completely up to the two building it.

    Love is no fairy tale, it's what you make it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying something. You make a good point, of course love takes time & hard work.

    I still believe you have to find great love before you can build on it, but thank you for your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically, amen to all of this!

    ReplyDelete