This book is gaining all kinds of attention. Both from newsweek (go here to read a recent article) and from random people who walk by me at Starbucks. I have about 3 girls here at college who want to read it after I'm done. And yet I'm beginning to doubt what the author is saying in the recent chapters I've read; I've began trying to fit this book into my worldview and am coming up short.

The romantic side of me begs the following questions: What about Michael Buble' and his song "I just haven't met you yet." What about the movie "Dear John" and the way the main girl character gave up on the one who she was feel in love with and married the guy who was "good enough." What about verses that back up contentment in singleness? What about trusting God to write your love story? Are these ideas really that unrealistic? I don't think so.

I plan on finishing the book, and continually blogging about it. Who know, maybe I'll write my own book in response to Gottlieb once I'm done. Ha.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!