Disenchanted.

Sunday 18 September 2011


There's this broken part of me,
that always wants to love something created
instead of the creator.

There's this tension in me,
to chase things created by God
instead of God.


I see it in my dreams,
in my hopes,
in my hurts,
in my anxiousness,
in my pursuits.


"Everyone must live for something. Something must capture our imaginations, our heart's most fundamental allegiance and hope. But, the Bible tells us, without the intervention of the Holy Spirit, that object will never be God himself."--Tim Keller, Counterfeit Gods

False loves.
You disappoint
You are so empty;

God.
The riches of your love will always be enough.
The hope you give will never disappoint.
I'm running to your arms.


Singing this song,
praying it will become true
in me.

My heart will sing
no other name.
Jesus.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!