Grasping Grace.

Monday 26 September 2011



I haven't been living like I have been given grace.

I'm a perfectionist,
a people pleaser;
I'm determined,
a goal seeker.

And I've been running in circles
trying to earn God's love.

It's not about salvation for me;
It's about being lovable.

But this past week I've been shown some powerful truths.

"I have never stopped loving her"
God loves us even when we are unlovable.
Nothing I can do will impress God,
Jesus did that through His scars.
What I do for God isn't important,
it's about what He has done for me.
Grace is free, I can't buy it.
I have peace with God.

I still don't get it.
I feel a little lost when I read Romans.
But like my spiritual mentor said to me,
"If you grasp this, it's going to change your life."


"Grace received but unexpressed is dead grace. To spend one's time debating how grace is received or how much commitment is necessary for salvation, without getting into what is means to live by grace and enjoy the magnificent freedom it provides, quickly leads to a counterproductive argument. . .My plea is that we claim it and allow it to set us free. When we do, grace will become what it was meant to be--really amazing. When that happens, our whole countenance changes."--Charles Swindoll, The Grace Awakening

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!