The Beauty.

Thursday 26 January 2012



I just finished reading this memoir:

(I mean, Oprah and Target recommended it.)

And it was probably the most beautiful book I've ever experienced.
It's about a Harvard graduate who learns the child she's pregnant with has Down's Syndrome.
And the way he changes her life for the better.

Anyways...

There's this part where she asks quits seeing people by the labels they wear,
and she starts seeing the person behind each mask.
And she realizes that there is this incredible beauty in every person.
She could only do it for a minute, because the beauty inside others was
so beautiful it hurt.

I tried this in chapel the other day.
Everyone was worshipping,
and I quit judging for a second,
I quit critically listening to the worship band,
and I asked God to show me the beauty in the room.
And all of the sudden everyone was...shining.
For a split second I felt a fracture of God's pleasure at our worship.
I felt tears starting to come, so I quickly turned it off.



I hope that's what heaven will be like.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!