The Story: 6 Months in.

Saturday 28 January 2012





It's finally (about) time to let everyone in on something that's happening in my life.

Six months ago today...
I went to a small camp in Missouri with my fellow OBC interns.
We arrived, got out of the bus, unpacked, and went directly to our cave tour.

Windermere Cave, in Roach, Missouri next to Lake of the Ozarks.
That's where I met Stuart,
...well "Stu" as he introduced himself.

My first impression of Stuart was, "He is really loud"
(He still really enjoys being loud).

We spent an hour in the cave.
"Stu" led us in a devotion about light&darkness.
I was the answer to his prayer.
I brought up the topic of darkness.

The next day I floated the Niangua.
And there he was again,
standing on a trailer
above the rest of us
a life vest around
his chest,
shouting out instructions.

He remembered Brittany's name, but forgot mine.
But he commented on my Chacos.
Told me I must know what I was doing.

My second impression of Stuart was,
"He doesn't know who I am."

Two days later, at a music video shooting,
he showed up again as the videographer.
He offered a ride in his truck.
He was playing classical music.
We talked about rock climbing,
our life stories.

My third impression of Stuart was,
"Why is this so easy?"

And that's how it has stayed.
Easy.

We probably don't seem like two people who go together.
I love reading,
he loves movies.
I quote Anne Lammot,
he quotes "Step Brothers"
I see the glass half-empty,
he sees the glass overflowing.

He is a ropes course technician
a river guide,
a videographer,
an artist,
a dreamer,
and has his own up & coming clothing line.

But everyday he reminds me
to find my hope in the Lord,
to look for things to be thankful for,
to breathe in the outdoors,
to look inside.

He's so good for me,
And I'm thankful.



Happy 6 Months, Stuart Brand.




2 comments:

  1. Dani! I am so happy for you...and thrilled to hear a little bit about this story. :) It's beautiful.

    Love you!
    jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an awesome way of stringing words together.

    I still would like to hear about your life in person (:

    Keep doing what you're doing,
    sadie

    ReplyDelete