Something Brave.

Monday 28 May 2012



Today I tried something brave.
I went for a walk down memory lane.

I looked into time and space,
when I was in love,
when I was in doubt,
when I was in denial.

I looked into the person I used to be,
insecure, afraid, head-over-blind-heels.

I opened boxes of letters & pictures,
my words, his words
cliche, cheesy, and true.

I let myself remember
once more.

I put them into a black bag,
one by one,
I let them rest forever in a junk yard.

But that wasn't the brave part.
The brave part was coming back to grace.
To listen to the voice that was screaming for my attention.

You are not who you were.
That's not how I see you.
Don't you see.
I've been faithful to you.
It's not what you did or do, my dear.
It's what I call you--
Beloved, Treasured, Flawless.

The brave part is keeping my heart open anyways.
Continuing on to live and love.
Claiming freedom.

Believing I am capable,
of whatever He has called me for.

"So let us come bodily to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most" -Heb. 4:16

3 comments:

  1. Danielle I LOVE reading your blog. You always encourage me with your honesty and openness. It makes me feel less alone in the things I'm going through. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara, I get nervous being so real--especially this one. So it made it completely worth it to have you say that. Hope you're doing well friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via another blog, and I absolutely love reading your posts! Such a wonderful reflection of your relationship with the Lord! Thanks for your beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete