Today's Day.

Friday 11 May 2012



Being a Perfectionist...

Means I wake up every summer's day with a startled panic, 
"What am I going to do with this entire day?"
So I work out...twice.
I read an entire book.
I move an unpacked box 
to another corner of the room...

I try to outline a list of summer goals:
work on a book,
begin a baking business,
cook for my family members.
find a small group Bible Study.

 I wish I could quit being a doer
long enough to slow down and enjoy this moment,
this month of freedom between undergrad and grad,
this summer of celebration for my marry-ing friends,
these moments of unhurried time with my family,
the time spent being an unattached single.

It will never be quite like this again.
I don't want to just see today as the in-between.
It's much more than that.







1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you friend! There's a quiet strength rising in you, its beautiful :) Keep pressing in and sharing your journey with the rest of us. It's encouraging!
    <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete