Currently...

Monday 21 May 2012


I'm vacationing on the East Coast with the family.

I'm encountering all kinds of new people,
the farmer in his field,
the waitress with the deep eyes,
the veteran on the beach at sunset.

And I realize this desire in me to know all of their stories.

I'm saying desperate prayers for a couple of my friends in tough places.

I'm learning more about myself--
as I make people laugh,
see so much of myself in my parents
,cry tears I didn't realize where buried,
and spend time appreciating beauty.

I'm reading an amazing book--
It's one of those books that you can't read in a day.
You have to slowly think about the words 
& digest the meanings in order to apply them.
(He was obviously a contemporary of C.S. Lewis).

I'm reading Psalms 34 with faith, and not fear:

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit
The righteous person may have many troubles
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
vs. 18-20




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!