Mid-Adventure

Sunday 12 August 2012


People often talk about "pursuing their dreams"

I have quotes about dreams all over my room.
One that a dear friend gave me.
They say dreams are possible,
and inside of us.

I say dreams are God-given,
and part of who we are made to be,
part of a journey towards the true us.

And even as I'm on this road towards pursuing one dream of many,
to become a counselor,
a helper,
a confidante,
a better person.

It's hard.
I don't always love this place I'm in.
I don't always enjoy spending 10 hours each week a classroom 
after working my heart out in customer service all day long.

But I have to tell myself that this is the part where I grow,
where I become stronger,
where I figure out who I am.
The part I'll look back and be thankful for.

It's a beautiful journey:
if I could just appreciate the now
instead of being impatient for the later.

I like this quote from Jeff Goins,

I hope wherever you are, whatever the dream, you're okay with it taking a while. That you're patient and persevering, willing to let it take time so you can savor the moment when it does arrive. 
I don't know how long your road is, but I hope you'll remember to enjoy every step of the way. And know that if you are faithful to the work, you'll see results. They won't look exactly like you'd expect, but that's what makes the whole process beautiful."


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!