So close.

Thursday 9 August 2012

I love the way God draws us to himself.



I've recently been spending quite a bit of time alone. 
I've been doing things on my own.
Going places by myself.

The other day as I was driving around town
I felt this sudden draw to stop at a nearby park
and spend intentional time with God.

So I followed this longing in my heart,
found a lakeside view,
and watched God's glory unfold in a sunset that set the lake on fire
with rosy pinks and bold streaks of orange.

And in this quiet, serene moment,
I felt him tell me the same thing he's been saying over & over again

I'm right beside you.
You're mine.

Because my struggle is a strong one,
and it's called loneliness.

It reminded me of a quote I loved from church this week.
It reminded me of things I've learned from Exodus 3.

"God shows up in the wildernesses of our lives,
He's there in the insignificant thorn-bushes
We just have to turn aside and acknowledge his presence."

Right now feels very ordinary, lonely,
desolate, dry.
I feel like I'm in between, waiting.

But each day, as ordinary as it may seem,
I'm determined to keep expressing my trust in His will
by everyday following his simple leadings.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all know this loneliness. We have such a desire to be fully known and loved. Some of it, I think, is a longing that will never go away until we see Him face to face. He's the only one who really satisfies.

    Thank you for having courage to speak (write) your heart. It's a true blessing and beautiful. :

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you just said reminds me of a quote I read by Elisabeth Elliot last night::

    "I was made for God, my heart will never rest anywhere else, and nothing the world can offer will satisfy." It is a kind of loneliness that won't be eased until heaven.

    You're great Lacey. ;) I'm sad I didn't get to see you more this summer!

    ReplyDelete