Constant.

Saturday 29 September 2012

Growth is a constant.
Who will I be in 2 years from now.


I've been learning so much in school, in life.
I'm learning to push fears aside.
To risk here and there.

Because some of the most thrilling moments
lay right outside the walls of our built boxes.

I've let fear steal from me in the past.
I've let it give me cold hands, heart, and feet.

But when it comes down to it, 
love is the only right way.
& I think loving someone, loving them truly,
is one of the bravest things a person can do.

So I will love people through customer service,
through doing my best to make a perfect espresso drink.
I will love people by getting my own counseling,
through engaging in learning about lifespan and theory.
I will love them by taking prayer requests,
through praying for broken arms, grandmas, and fourth grade.
I will even love through listening to complaints,
through encouraging words and a push in the right direction.
I will love by giving an apology.

But in the end, I'll be reminded,
I can't earn your love.
It's something that can only be given.

I'll say it again.
Love is the flip side  of fear.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!