Dare.

Tuesday 11 September 2012



I play it pretty safe, most of the time.

Yet, I'm realizing that 
It's the risks that keep us living.

Risking is refusing to live in fear,
 because fear keeps us from doing what we love.

And love is the flip side of fear.

I've been trying to do more things that scare me lately,
getting up in front of a crowd,
pursuing new relationships,
turning in an application,
thinking less, acting more,
saying I'm sorry,
sharing myself,
writing again.

I think if we find the places of fear,
we can find the places of most opportunity for growth.

....

I'm afraid of being a writer,
it's what I've wanted to be since I was a girl telling stories,
it's what I've always been.

But I'm completely afraid of it,
because I don't want to fail at the one thing I feel to be me.
This is me working up the courage to submit.

What's that thing for you?

....
Bold love makes a difference. Not a hypothetical, poster-on-the-wall kind of difference but a real difference in the real lives of real people. You can’t save anyone, but you can be the kind of person who acts out of love, not out of fear.
(from this wonderful blog)








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!