Endless Love

Wednesday 5 May 2010





Semester.
It's so weird to think about where I was one year ago...
Or even one semester ago...
To remember the people that I loved and somehow lost...
To think of the things I gained and gave away.
To smile at my successes, and cry for the instances I failed.
To look at pictures and smile, to look at scars and remember.


{I'm different from the girl of last year. Last year's girl tried so hard, she had her life organized into comfortable little labeled boxes, she appeared to have everything all together, she never cried.
This year's girl quit trying prove herself, her world is disorganized and inconsistent, she is a mess and doesn't have a plan, she cries at least every other day.}

The only stable thing in my life is God.

Over the past three hundred some days...I've experienced God in highs, but mostly in ultimate lows. And yet, I'm the most content right now than I have been in a while. I've come to grip with the fact that I am not perfect, I'm never going to be perfect, and God doesn't expect my perfection. I found my true self and met His grace, so real, when I hit bottom.


Out of love and hatred, out of earnings and borrowings and leadings and losses; out of sickness and pain; out of wooing and worshipping; out of traveling and voting and watching and caring; out of disgrace and contempt, comes our tuition in the serene and beautiful laws.-Ralph Waldo Emerson



1 comment:

  1. love it. especially the part about not being the same girl you were a year ago. really touched me... i might have a tear...

    ReplyDelete