He knows.

Friday 21 January 2011


Do you ever hear or read something that makes you remember, and wonder why you ever forgot, that God knows?

That has been me over and over again this week.
Probably from my English major past,
I love finding themes--especially in this story called life.

Here are some themes that God has been teaching me:

1. Love others. This has been SO big lately as I have been going through a lot of stressful/hurtful/painful things lately. The only successful way I have found of keeping from being miserable is to love others first---and to think about myself last.

2. Sorrow isn't a bad thing. Yesterday was one of the worst days so far. I cried at the smallest things. And when I opened my devotional book, and this was the first sentence, "Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart" -Ecclesiastes 7:3. I believe with my whole heart that God can teach us things through sorrow. "Blessed is sorrow, for it reveals God's comfort." In sorrow I can learn how to better comfort others as I am comforted myself by the one who knows.

Okay, God didn't teach me this last one, but it applies to me right now.

3. This song has reminded me that dreams are just dreams. And a friend reminded me that it's all about perspective, it's all in how you look at the situation. Do what you can, be honest and truthful, humble, and vulnerable. But then, take a deep breath, and begin taking steps to moving on. Because it's your life, and God has big plans for you, trust Him that there are bigger and better things in front of you.

O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
You see me when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
You know what I'm going to say ever before I say it, Lord.

Psalm 139:1-4

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!