A Simple Resolution.

Wednesday 5 January 2011


I narrowed it down to one.
One resolution::
Trust.
I want to stop fearing.
I want to stop living in worry.
I want to stop stressing.
I want to stop looking backwards.

I want to rest, relax, and trust.
Choose trust and live.

Step 1 to this resolution looked like a bubble bath with candles.
Looked like shutting off the lights and turning on music.
Looked like breathing deep and telling God my fears.
It looked like sifting through the messages that have been thrown at me recently.

I don't want a "New Year. New You."
I don't want a new, better version of myself.

Not starting on the outside.
Not with weights and excercise and health foods.
Not with a new wardrobe or a new hairstyle.

No, I want God to make over my heart.
I want the peace and joy and understanding that comes from Him.
It might be painful...but I think I'm ready.


1 comment: