Trying Hard.

Sunday 24 July 2011


Let love be genuine.
Abhor what is evil;
hold fast to what is good.

Love one another with brotherly affection.
Outdo one another in showing honor.
Do not be slothful in zeal,
be fervent in spirit,
serve the Lord.

Rejoice in hope,
be patient in tribulation,
be constant in prayer.

Contribute to the needs of the saints
and seek to show hospitality.
Romans 12:9-12


This verse means a lot to me right now.
I feel like I need to be changed.
I see so much wrong with my heart, soul, and mind.

Each day is a fight to focus;
to continue to hope,
to continue to love,
to find contentment.

And I try to put up this strong front,
I don't allow myself to be hurt.
But that is just so exhausting.

It is so much better to surrender.
I just can't quite figure out how to get to that place,
and stay there.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!