Pictured Perfectly.

Sunday 10 July 2011


I used to picture my perfect job:
working at home,
sitting at a finely decorated desk,
with a large screen computer,
staring out my window at a picturesque setting,
writing.

Comfortable,
safe,
using my talents.

But God has been challenging that lately.

With so many needs,
injustice,
persecution.

So many helpless,
so many lost.

Maybe He's calling me to the streets
instead of a life of shelter;
to a life of active advance,
instead of to a life of quiet retreat;
to a life of community,
instead of solitude.

to a life that makes so very little of me & my talents
in order to make much of Him & His glory.

Matthew 28:19 haunts me.
"Go and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you."

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!