Valuable.

Monday 28 November 2011



Control.
I've been controlled, and I like being in control.
But when we hold on so tightly to someone
that we can't let them go...
to be who they are,
to pursue what they love,
to do what they feel called to,
we steal their freedom
and we forget about grace.

Acceptance.
I want to accept others just as they are.
Letting go.
I want to release others to God.
I want to be supportive of other's decisions.
I want to extend real grace to others.

"Acceptance means you are valuable just as you are. It allows you to be the real you. You aren't forced into someone else's idea of who you really are. It means your ideas are taken seriously since they reflect you. You can talk about how you feel inside and why you feel that way--and someone really cares. You feel safe."--William Barclay.
Safety.
Freedom.
Love.
Seeking to please only God.
Leaving behind the people pleaser.
Accepting others.

Learning is a journey.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!