Lately.

Friday 18 March 2011



Who I am at lately: Single

I had to interview for a position a few weeks ago,
and at the end of the interview they asked me a question
"just for fun."

How would you describe yourself in one word?
I don't even remember what I said--something dorky
like passionate or determined.

Today, though, if I had to describe myself in one word,
it would be single.

My friends and I joke about how I haven't been single since 9th grade
(Which is far more true than funny, actually).

For years, now, I have hopped from relationship to relationship.
I joke that I was "serial dating," a term that I might have made up.

But, recently I've been become thankful to be single...

Because I've been so undistracted lately.
I'm not planning a wedding.
Or wondering when I'll get engaged.
Or trying to find time to call him.
Or even worrying about who he is.

With a single heart, I've begun to experience Christ's love more deeply.
He is my hope.
my song.
my light.
my love.
my salvation.

And His love is so wide.
and long.
and high.
and deep.

I finally found where I belong. Just to be with Him.








2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. i love this for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so wonderful, danielle. embrace the love of the only One who will truly satisfy you.

    ReplyDelete