Breaking to Mend.

Sunday 25 March 2012




I should have breaking up down to an art by now.
I've had many "failed" relationships.

But it isn't an art.
And it isn't failure.
There's always something new to learn,
a transformation always occurs.

This time around,
I understood something powerful:
We had a successful relationship.


Whether or not you proceed to marriage or breakup is not the determinate factor of the success or failure of the relationship. Finding out whether or not this person is a suitable partner for you is. 
(Check out this article by Relevant Magazine.) 

I believe there will be someone better for us both.

Also, I realized:
Yes, there were so many wonderful things about him.
And I don't have to lose them.
Those are the things to tuck away,
to remember.
to learn from.
to become.


And, I rediscovered:
I am blessed with supportive and meaningful friendships,
Godly women
who texted me everyday for a week,
who prayed for him when I felt I couldn't,
who sat with me and cried tears because of my pain,
who called me and expressed my feelings with her own words,


I can't forget:
I have to rely on God to get through this.
He is in control.
Give me faith.


 A successful dating relationship is one that recognizes and respects the eternal importance of the other person in purity while discovering and accepting your role in that person's life. However, this ability to treat her with absolute purity and respect as a sister in Christ before, during and after the relationship can only be achieved through His power. 








1 comment:

  1. you have a beautiful heart girlie :)

    ReplyDelete