This Path.

Thursday 22 March 2012



Thinking:
Its gotten me in trouble.
Sometimes I live inside my head.
Sometimes I forget to remember its connected to my heart.

This Spring Break hasn't been beaches & sunshine.
It has been decisions & heartbreak.

Saying goodbye to what I knew,
and looking loneliness in the face.
It's not exactly what I had imagined.

....

I broke up with the boy who wrote me poems,
told me daily that I was beautiful,
and always lifted my spirits
with the positive.

I interviewed for a Master's Counseling program
five minutes from my backyard.
I wore a suit. I shared my heart.
I hoped it was enough.

Now as I sit in Denver, Colorado.
Eleven hours away from home.
My heart is in my throat.
I'll keep following where He leads,
but it won't be easy not to look back.






2 comments:

  1. "...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)
    A little bit out of context, but know that you're not alone and that God is preparing the way for you! :) Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's holding your hand right now, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete