Here.

Wednesday 9 March 2011


It was Christmas Break, and I was sitting in a church pew.
Sunday Morning.

A lot of things were going wrong in my life.
Hiding.

I didn't want God to see the mess I had made.
Sin.

The pastor was talking about Jesus coming as a baby.
I had heard it before.

Then, she said something about Jesus being Immanuel.
"God with us."

And that became so very real.

"Jesus suffers with us in our suffering. That's how He heals of us of our suffering.
However low we sink, God is with us. He's there are the bottom waiting for us!"
-Gregory Boyd.

-------

And it still amazes me today...
"Our gospel dares to proclaim that God enters smack-dab into the middle of the hell we create"-Gregory Boyd


He was there all along,
waiting for me to notice.

And through his participation in my pain,
He began to redeem it.

God in my hurting.
God in my healing.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!