Luxury

Wednesday 13 April 2011


"We are only ordinary folk who get out of very comfortable beds in the morning, brush our teeth with running water, put on whatever we like to wear, and eat whatever we want for breakfast. Our lives generally don't seem to call for much courage. We are so accustomed to luxury we think of traffic jams as hardship. It ruins our day if the air conditioner quits or the waiter says they're fresh out of cherry cheesecake."
-Elisabeth Elliot


So true.
I slept on a mattress last night.
I made myself coffee.
I went to class and learned.
I live a luxurious life.

I think of homework as hardship...
something some people would see as a privilege.

I can't help but think of women in India,
or children in Africa...
they have greater faith
and greater courage than I do.

1 comment: