Something Different.

Monday 11 April 2011





This semester I've been interning for an amazing non-profit, International Princess Project. I blogged before about how exciting it is to work directly with women who are passionate about giving hope to women in India who have no idea that hope or trust or dignity is an option.

This past weekend I went to my first event, and it was so wonderful to hear Laura, the (completely adorable and pregnant) woman I intern with describe her experience in India. Laura was talking about the woman who started IPP, and she said this::

Instead of saying, 'It's so huge, there is nothing I could do to help' she said 'It's so huge, there has to be something I can do."


I love that. The past few month of interning with Laura has taught me so much. It has taught me that my biggest fear shouldn't be failure. This internship has taught me that my biggest fear should be being comfortable.

I don't want to ever get to the point where I'm so comfortable with gaining something like the American dream that I forget that there are women in India, in Cambodia, in Arkansas, sitting in my classroom with me, who are hurting, who need to be told that there is hope...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!