Even in a Deluge

Monday 25 April 2011



The earth be immersed in a deluge of rains,
Yet, the soul, stayed on God, may sing bravely its psalm,
For the heart of the storm is the center of calm.

Be glad and serene when the tempest clouds form;
God smiles on His child in the eye of the storm.


----------------

This weekend I spent some time in the hospital
with my grandpa who is dying of leukemia.

I have never seen someone so calm,
so strong in the Lord,
so confident that God
gives and takes away.

I arrived outside his door to find him highlighting in his Bible--studying Joseph

"I'm going to preach until the day I die", he said to me.

And yet, there is this part of my heart
that lives in denial,
that is so determined not to lose him,
that is still afraid of the dark.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about your Gpa, but how awesome that He is so strong in the Lord, and that even dire circumstances can't shake him. What a Job story! Praising the Lord no matter what! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete