Me

Sunday 23 November 2014




I'm a person who looks for themes,
statements or stories by different individuals, saying the same thing.
I believe repeats in life are usually God's way of getting our attention

I believe this in the counseling room,
those themes and connections are things I grab onto
bring back around,
ask about.

I try to stay true to this in my own life,
and recently it's been about writing.

I've felt a calling back to this blog,
back to journaling,
back to sharing.

I have friends who are writing books,
learning lessons through old journals,
sharing their life on successful blogs
and I start to feel uncomfortable.

"I'm a writer, too" I say

I look back and wonder where I gave up the dream.

Was it in college when I switched majors,
knowing it would be hard to make it in the writing world?
Was is last year when I panicked in the middle of my graduate program,
wondering I was really cut out to be a counselor?
Or was it when I stopped writing, stopped asking God for inspiration,
stopped letting myself create.

I've returned to writing,
because it is where I feel the most me,
it keeps me centered,  honest,
and most importantly--
it is where I feel the closest to the One who created me.







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!