Happy?

Friday 18 December 2009



I hugged my family. I unpacked. I put everything away. I spent time with friends. I finished a book. I mended a relationship. I went to church. I went on a run. I baked some cookies. I ate way too many cookies. I died my hair. I got some bangs. I cried because the bangs are wierd.

I tried to find happiness in the things that I missed while I was in Ireland. I didn't find it.

God isn't just a pill to pop when you're feeling sad or achey or have recieved bad news. He doesn't make everything better with His magic wand either. He's so deep that I'll never ever understand Him or know Him fully. But I have to keep trying, keep learning, keep making mistakes and learning from them. Keep looking forward to a place where there will be no more tears.

Isaiah 35: 10---"Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness"

1 comment: