Reunions

Thursday 10 December 2009


"Every goodbye is a taste of hell and every reunion a taste of heaven"-Unknown

We had our family reunion last night, and it was just grand. I met so many Irish Wilsons, and hung out with the lovely Laura for most of the night. There was a dance floor, but sadly, no one used it. I wanted to though... Pictures will be up soon! Everyone kept asking me when I was coming back to NI, and I told them to give me two and a half years and I would be back at Queens to get my masters degree. Now just to make that happen....

I met a lady last night that I'm related to who lived about 5 minutes from me for the past three months. She was so sweet. She said one of the nic
est things anyone has said to me in a while! She told me that she could hear Ulster (Northern Ireland) words in my vocabulary. I was so excited about this!

Today is our last day in Northern Ireland, I leave for Dublin early tomorrow morning and then fly out Saturday. It's mixed emotions for me. I miss so many people right now. I miss my family and I miss my Finaghy Family and I miss my Belfast friends. But I've loved hanging out with my dad and my cousins. I guess it's just finding contentment in where God has me currently. I'm excited to understand what He has been doing by sending me here to Ireland, even though I don't think it's something I'll understand until that awful word, "later."


Side Note: Imagine this guy, but with grey hair and in the middle of December.
And you'll be imagining my dad. He's wearing shorts today and has a huge camera hung around his neck. And a big flashing sign above his head that shouts "tourist." Haha. I love it. He's so funny, I don't think I've ever seen him so happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're having fun! I miss you and our Finaghy family as well! I keep getting great compliments on my hair- so good job! :)

    Oh...and I may have to steal that quote...that's a good one.

    ReplyDelete