Familiar

Sunday 13 December 2009



"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow"-Lin Yutang.

I slept in my own (king size) bed last night, crammed between three of my best friends. My marvelous friends were in cahoots with my mom and planned a surprise party for me when I got home. I was completely surprised! I've always dreamed of having a surprise party, and I can't
believe it acutally happened. I was always afraid of what would happen if I ever did have a surprise party...like, would I look absolutely awful, or be wearing my pajamas? Well, I must admit that after like 20 hours of traveling and sitting in airports and lugging huge suitcases all the way across the Atlantic, I wasn't exactly put together. But it was still so so so wonderful
.

The not so wonderful part of being home is this whole jetlag thing. I woke up at 6 AM and it felt like noon. I was so productive though! I baked and I ran a few miles and I checked my facebook and I woke up my mom and made her talk to me. The worst part came at 6 pm tonight, when I felt like it was midnight. I looked like a zombie walking through Target.

But, I purchased this book, upon recomen
dation from a friend.
The movie is coming out soon, and I am so excited! See the preview here. Yes, it has Miley Cyrus in it. Oh, by the way, this is one of my favorite hobbies: reading the book and then going and watching the movie when it comes out. Usually I'm dissapointed by the movie, because my imagination does way better than Hollywood. But I actually like that. It helps me keep believing in the future of writers and the power of the imagination.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!