Apparent Failure

Monday 2 April 2012


I don't know about you,
but I have a script for my life.

I wrote it. 
I've toiled for it.
I can see it in my mind's eye.

And God has been challenging it.

When I started college,
I defined a successful college career as
good grades,
a developed skill set,
an attractive mate,
and an up & coming career to take me somewhere beautiful.

Now, as I'm finishing college,
I feel like an apparent failure.


I'm single,
and I'm going home to start school again.
It seems like I've come full circle.
It feels like a waste of time.

But this is my own view of it all.
My own high standards I place on myself.

In God's reality, 
I'm becoming His disciple.
I'm following what I know is the Lord's will for my life.
And He isn't going to dissappoint.

"I need to give up my understanding of how I'd like my future to fall into place for a much better and sweet plan that God reveals."--Bill Hull

I want to give up my script.
I want to do it wholeheartedly.
I want this to be my prayer.

"Lord, I'm your servant. I'll follow you even if it's into apparent failure, because I have no right to success as I define it, or as the church defines it, or as my culture defines it. I'm only interested in pleasing you and being successful as you define it."--Bill Hull (from "The Complete Book of Discipleship")

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    I have had "apparent failures" lately too -
    different from yours, but grievous to me still.

    I'm thankful God intervenes and gives us HIS script...
    and I'm really proud of you! Truly, I am! You are a disciple.

    ReplyDelete