Not So Glamourous.

Tuesday 24 April 2012


We are all different,
but we are all coping.

I lay awake last night, 
tears coursing down to my pillow,
thinking of all the things I will have to say good-bye to soon.
Of all the people I won't get a proper ending with.

She couldn't sleep either,
but it was because of her upcoming excitement,
getting married, 
decorating a new home, 
holding his hand forever.

We all have our different attachments.
I desperately want mine to be to the One who will never fail me,
Whose love will never run out.
Who will always be a friend.


"What whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and counted them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him.
(Philippians 3:7-9)

Yes, I feel like I'm losing everything.
But at the same time I am following Christ, 
I'm pursuing what he has called me to do.

I'm gaining everything, 
it's just not as glamourous as I thought it would be.
It's a lot more like death.

"The righteousness from God that depends on faith--that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead...I press on to make it my own because Christ Jesus has made me his own."
 (Philippians 3:10-12)

I am His & He is mine.

2 comments:

  1. You're heart is beautiful, Danielle. He delights in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin Abramovitz24 April 2012 at 12:34

    We can cry together :)

    ReplyDelete