Little Steps

Monday 30 April 2012



"Each little step toward the center 
seemed like an impossible demand,
a demand requiring me to 
let go one more time
from wanting to be in control,
to give up one more time 
the desire to predict life,
to die one more time 
to the fear of not knowing 
where it will lead,
and to surrender one more time
to a love than knows no limits.

And still, I knew that I would never be able to live
the great commandment to love
without allowing myself to be loved
without conditions or prerequisites"
-Henri Nouwen


I'm realizing what a journey life is.
A journey that consists of little steps.

This thing called faith is sometimes so simple.
It's getting up each day with hope in my heart,
Letting myself sing as loud as I can,
even when I'm fighting tears & doubts to believe the words.

It's the fidgety and awkward way in which I tell Him
that I am desperately afraid,
hurting,
confused.
Letting Him see inside to my brokenness.

It's choosing to take little steps forwards,
eyes fixed on Him,
to pledge my heart and life to Him all over again, everyday.
Letting Him be my bridegroom, 
the lover of my soul.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!