Brand New Day.

Wednesday 25 April 2012



Last night my roommate & I sat on the roof together,
we marveled at the bright blinking stars,
and we gaped at the swirling bats.

We reminisced about our biggest regrets during college,
and the moments that changed our lives forever.
I'll never forget that hour.

She is getting married 3 days from today.
And her wedding is going to be a beautiful testament 
to the faithfulness of God.

I'm so very blessed to stand beside her.

As I started my 6 AM run this morning,
I found the words to "Great is Thy Faithfulness"
swimming in my head.

As I watched the sun rise, 
and the clouds morph,
I was amazed all over again 
and struck by the truth that,

"Morning by morning new mercies I see
...
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow."



I've been finding comfort in simple, truthful words:
You will be okay.
There's nothing wrong with you.
It will happen.
He is faithful.
He will not leave you.
You are never alone.


2 comments:

  1. I love finding comfort in simple truthful words...God always speaks to me like a child ;) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you beautiful girl, for these encouraging words. now i just want a nice roof to sit on so i can watch stars.

    may you be blessed in the depths of your soul today.

    xo

    ReplyDelete